We at King Insurance Partners want to make sure that you have all of the information needed to make sure that you can make the best decisions when it comes to not only your insurance, but what you insure! From tips about your home and cars to business information and anything in between, we are here to help you! Come back to the site regularly to make sure that you have the latest updates.
Stay Safe in the Summer Heat
Making sure that you stay safe on the job is important, but a lot of people don’t think about the elements that they are working in. Heat illness can be a major factor to those who work outdoors or in high temperature environments. Everything from construction and landscaping to restaurant kitchens or bakeries, being in high temperatures situations can cause severe damages. These heat related illnesses can also cause a lower rate in productivitiy, increased accident rates, illnesses, and even fatalities. Use this PDF to help make sure you and your team are aware of the risks and ways to prevent heat related illnesses.
The Perfect Solution for your Artisan Contractors
Your work is your craft, and you put your all into what you create. From carpentry and masonry to electrical work and plumbing, making sure the foundation of whatever you are building is your top priority. Shouldn’t that be the same for your business? By working with King Insurance Partners and BizGUARD, we can make sure that your business is secure so you can focus on what you love. This PDF can help explain why switching coverage could help you.
- Comprehensive plans to help make sure all of your business is take care of.
- Affordable plans make your coverage work for you without breaking your budget.
- Customizable plans can fit you specifically. This means no more “cookie cutter” plans that you must conform to.
- Secure policies and systems are put into place to make sure that your coverage is financially secure.
Making Your Boat Go the Extra (Nautical) Mile for You:
Taking to the water is a great way to get out in nature. Whether that be in the ocean, lakes, or rivers, we want to make sure your boat (and those onboard) stay safe and secure so you can focus on enjoying your time on the water. This PDF can help with updates done to your boat and how your insurance can change and keep you better protected.
- Get boat insurance. If you have a boat, you need insurance. Your home insurance coverage may cover some toys, but it doesn’t provide you the full range of coverage that you need. Make sure you are covered from accidents that could happen on your boat, theft, damages done to your boat, etc.
- Tuneup your boat. Making sure that everything is running safely and efficiently can save you money in repairs and little things like gasoline.
- Get (and maintain) safety training! Most boating accidents occur because operators don’t have regular training.
- Be careful of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. CO poisoning can cause serious or fatal injuries. Make sure everyone on the boat knows the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- Ensure you and everyone you are with wears a life jacket. It may seem like a tedious detail, but it can really save your life or someone you love.
- If you do have a claim, contact your agent and see how we at King Insurance Partners can help.
Sued for Wrongful Termination? These are the Riskiest States for Employment Lawsuits in 2015
Are you wondering if your business is at risk from employee lawsuits? The United States has a 12% higher risk of having an employee file charges against their employer. Make sure that your business stays safe by using the PDF below:
Sinkholes and Catastrophic Ground Collapse:
Did you know that Florida has the most sinkholes in the country? Are you covered if you have a sinkhole on your property? This PDF better explains what exactly a sinkhole is and how to make sure that you and your belongings are covered.
- A sinkhole is “a land form created by subsidence of soil, sediment, or rock as underlying strata are dissolved by groundwater. A sinkhole may form by collapse into subterranean voids created by dissolution (the dissolving) of limestone or dolostone or by the subsidence as these strata are dissolved.”
- Florida law does require that insurance companies cover these types of ground cover collapse. However, this does not mean that the damages caused are covered on your policy. Your damage has to meet a set of criteria in order for a general policy to cover it. These criteria are:
- The abrupt collapse of the ground cover.
- A depression in the ground cover clearly visible to the naked eye.
- Structural damage to the building including the foundation.
- The insured structure must be condemned and ordered to be vacated by the government agency authorized by law to issue such an order for the structure.
Hurricane Safety for Homeowners:
Florida is a beautiful, from the beaches and coasts to the Everglades and everything in between. However, there is also a good amount of danger that comes from living in paradise. Hurricanes and tropical storms are a serious issue for Floridians. This helpful PDF reminds you about the importance of updating your policy and staying safe when a hurricane hits.
- Know what your insurance covers and review your policy regularly, making sure that you know specifically what your policy does (or does not) cover.
- Flood damage caused by a hurricane is not covered by your policy, and, in order to keep your information safe, it may be best to have flood insurance coverage.
- Reduce damage before a hurricane hits. Making sure that your property is secure can help keep you from incuring more damages. Putting up your car up in a safe spot, removing debris that could fly away, and backing up all of your information are some great starting points to make sure that any unnecessary damages don’t occur
- Having an evacuation plan and avoiding washed out roads or electrical lines could help keep your family safe in the event of a major evacuation.