Comprehensive RV Trailer Coverage
It’s practically unanimous with the American dream — driving cross country in an RV, enjoying each beautiful vista that the US has to offer. While the idea is a lovely and obtainable one, it pays to be practical. Given the size and maneuverability of RVs, accidents can be an unfortunate consequence of the freedom allowed by these moving homes. Even if the RV is stationary for most of the year, incidents are possible, whether from natural disasters or when moving the RV or emptying the wastewater tanks.
It’s important to have appropriate RV insurance to ensure that your investment is protected no matter where life takes you. Contact King Insurance Partners today to find out what our RV insurance coverage entails and receive a free, no-obligation quote.
Is RV Insurance Necessary?
Like auto insurance, if you drive your RV instead of tow it, you may be required to carry minimum liability insurance. If you are doing much traveling with your recreational vehicle, it’s best to have additional coverage. Even if you’re not doing a lot of traveling, RV accidents can be incredibly expensive for those involved. Additionally, it can help to have special coverage to pay for replacements, liability, emergency expense coverage, and more.
What Types Of RVs Are Covered?
Because many different types of vehicles can qualify as recreational vehicles, it’s important to know which types are covered.
- Motorhomes (Class A, B, and C)
- Sport Utility Trailers
- Cargo Trailers
- Horse Trailers
- Fifth-Wheel Trailers
- Pop-up Campers
- Truck Campers
How Much Does RV Insurance Cost?
Like other insurance plans, RV insurance isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. To determine RV insurance costs, it basically boils down to three variables: RV details, usage, and driving history. RV details will include the type, age, and condition of the vehicle. Expect to pay more for a newer, top-of-the-line model than an older one. It also depends on how you intend to use your RV. Costs will vary if it’s your full-time residence or something you take on the road once a month. And just like auto insurance, prior accidents and tickets received while operating a motor vehicle can drive up the price.
RV Insurance Coverage
King Insurance Partners offers a range of coverage options for a variety of needs. Our experts will work with you to customize your RV protection plan. Some common plans can include:
- Liability Coverage: Two types of liability coverage to help pay for bodily injuries and property damage if you cause an accident with your RV.
- Collision Coverage: Covers the cost of RV repairs, no matter who’s at fault in the event of a motor crash or rollover. May be required if you lease or finance your RV.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers events outside of motor vehicle accidents, including natural disasters, such as flooding, fires, and storms, as well as acts of theft and vandalism.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist: Protects against hit-and-run accidents and can pay for injuries and damages caused by a motorist with no or limited insurance.
- Campsite and Vacation Coverage: Covers injuries or damages that occur while your RV is parked at a park or resort.
- Full-time Coverage: For people who reside in their RV as a main residence.